Effective date: September 15, 2019
The federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, and its implementing regulations, as amended from time to time (“HIPAA”), governs the use and disclosure of protected health information (“PHI”) (as defined by HIPAA). To the extent that Life.io is a Business Associate (as defined by HIPAA) of a Covered Entity(asdefined by HIPAA), including, but not limited to, a user’s employer or insurer, Life.io is required to comply with applicable provisions of HIPAA. The terms of a Business Associate Agreement entered into by Life.io and a Covered Entity may further restrict Life.io’s permissible uses and disclosures of your PHI, and Life.io complies with any such restrictions.
A. INFORMATION WECOLLECT
• As you use our Service, Life.io may collect personal information that you provide to us (some of which may constitute PHI) including, but not limited to, your username, password, e-mail address, phone number, contact information and any other information from which your identity is discernible. Additionally, Life.io may collect personal health information that you provide to us, such as your height, weight,smokerstatus or bloodpressure.
• Life.io also may collect demographic information that you provide to us, such asyourZIP code or gender.
• If you contact us, we may collect any information you voluntarily share with us tohelpyou resolve your problem. We may also collect technical information regarding your browser or mobile device, so that we may help you troubleshoot yourproblem.
• We collect non-personal identification information about your interactions with our Service. This is sometimes called “aggregate data.” Aggregate data may include your browser name, the type of computer used as well as technical information about how you connect to our Service. This information may include the operating system andtheInternet service providers utilized, mobile device information (phone model and version), IP address, and other relatedinformation.
• If you use a mobile device to use our Service we may access, collect, monitor orstoreyour device identifier. These device identifiers include your phone version and model number. Device identifiers help us verify a user’sidentify.
B. UPDATING YOURINFORMATION
You may review, correct, update or change your Life.io account profile information at any time. Simply log into your Life.io account, click on your name and scroll down to “Account,” review your account information and edit it with the options provided.
We collect information from you when you create a Life.io account, transmit information to us by e-mail, create or add information to your profile, and when we contact you or you contact us. We may collect information about you through alivedata feed and when you interact with certain third party devices and applications.
D. COOKIES AND SIMILARTECHNOLOGIES
Life.io uses “cookies” to collect analytics information via Google Analytics, and to help maintain your security and privacy online. Cookies help us to personalize and maximize your online experience and time online. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a Web page server. Cookies are not used to run programs ordeliver
viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
You may have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline all cookies if you prefer. Alternatively, you may be able to modify your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept ordeclinecookies on an individual basis. If you choose to decline cookies, however, that may hinder performance and negatively impact your experience withLife.io.
Life.io utilizes third party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add- ons, and other information that helps us improve the Service. Life.io may allow users to sign in using third party services, including social media sites that may collect analytics information as well.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is100%secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant absolute security. Life.io is dedicated to keeping your information secure. When you register, your information is protected through the use of encryption, which makes it difficult for your information to be intercepted or stolen while being transmitted. Although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for your information, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
To the extent that Life.io is functioning as a Business Associate, Life.io implements technical, physical, and administrative safeguards as required by HIPAA to protect your information. However, to the extent Life.io is operating as a Business Associate, the Covered Entity (e.g., your employer or insurer) is responsible for validating our privacy and security practices prior to entering into a Business Associate Agreement with us, and is responsible for ensuring that a Business Associate Agreement hasbeenexecuted.
We require that you use a password to protect your information when using the Service. It is your responsibility to keep that login information secure. Furthermore, itisyour decision to provide us with yourPHI.
• If Life.io learns of a security systems breach, we will notify you as required by applicable law so that you can take appropriate protective steps. You agree toreceivenotification of the breachelectronically.
• Life.io encourages its users to share select user data with other users within the Service, such as the names of your friends, points earned and recent activity, in order to promote health and wellness through community support. You may choose to remain anonymous as you utilize the Service. However, choosing to remain anonymous will prevent you from connecting with other users on Life.io and will prevent others from viewing recent activity or points earned by you. Whether you choose to remain anonymous or not, your health information will not be visible by other users. While you may choose to share some of your personal or health information with other users within the Service, you may not share links to information in any manner that would make the user data accessible outside of the Service. Life.io will not share or disclose your information to other users. Only you, as the user, will be able to share such information.
• We endeavor to provide notice to you of any security systems breach and efforts to restore our Service as required in accordance with applicable law. If you become aware of any breach of data security or have any other questions about the securityofthe Life.io Service, please contact us at:firstname.lastname@example.org
Life.io may collect and use information, including any Personal Information which you provide and the aggregate data that you generate, for the following purposes:
• To Improve Customer Service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
• To Personalize YourExperience
We may use your de-identified information to understand how our Users as a group use the Service and resources provided on the Service.
• To Verify YourIdentity
We use your information to prevent fraud, or other unauthorized or illegal activity on your account.
• To Improve Our Site andApp
We may study or use the information and feedback you provide to improve our Service.
• To Send You E-mail
• To Tailor Content to Your Interests
To the extent permitted by applicable federal and state laws and regulations, we may use your information to show you content that we think may be of interest to you.
• To Tailor Advertising to YourInterests
To the extent permitted by applicable federal and state laws and regulations, we may use your information to show you ads that are more relevant to your interests.
• To Communicate With Third Parties and Enable Third Parties to Communicate With You in a Manner Consistent with This PrivacyPolicy
To the extent permitted by applicable federal and state laws and regulations, your information may also be transferred to third parties who act for or on our behalf (including service providers who provide services on our behalf), for further study or processing in accordance with the purpose for which the information was originally collected or may otherwise be lawfully processed, such as services delivery, evaluating the usefulness of the Service, evaluating improvements upon or new uses for the Service, marketing, data management or technical support.
H. WHERE INFORMATION ISPROCESSED
The Internet is a global environment. Using the Internet to collect and process personal and health information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. This means that your information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those where you are located. Life.io is based in the United States. When you use our Service you consent to
the processing and transfer of information in and to the United States and other countries.
• Keep in mind, even if the laws in your country are more protective than U.S. law,U.S.law governs your use of ourService.
• If you are a user based in the U.S. and you use the Service while you are abroad, your informationmaybeavailabletolawenforcementortothegovernmentofthatcountry.
• To the extent permissible by applicable laws and regulations, we may disclose your personal information, health information, and aggregate data to a third party as partofa reorganization or a sale of the assets ofLife.io.
J. THIRD PARTYLINKS
• Our Service may contain user links to websites other than our own. We have no control over these third party links, and do not assume responsibility or liability for anycontent,opinions, materials, or services available onthem.
• We retain the right to disable user links from the Service, but make no warrantiesthatwe will do so.
All materials contained on this site are protected by United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of Life.io or in the case of third party materials, the
owner of that content. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright orothernotice from copies of the content.
Links to websites other than those owned by Life.io are offered as a service to users. The staff of Life.io was not involved in their production and is not responsible for their content.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect our users to do the same. It is our policy, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others.
If you are a copyright owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of one, and you believe materials on Life.io’s website or activities on its services infringe your rights in your copyright-protected work, please send us an appropriate notification of claimed copyright infringement that complies with 17 U.S.C. § 512 to:
We may share your information in response to a request from law enforcement officials both within and without the United States if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We may have to share your information in response to civil or criminal subpoenas, or other requests by law enforcement personnel, to establish or exercise our legal rights or, defend against legal claims and if in our judgment in such circumstances disclosure is required or appropriate.
We may also share your information if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, in the event of suspected fraud, in situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, in violations of our Terms, or as otherwise required by law.
Children under the age of 13 should not attempt to use or access our Service. Further, we never collect or maintain information from our Service from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Services are structured to attract anyone under 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Please contact us email@example.com assistance if you believe we might haveanyinformation from or about a child under 13 using our Service.
Do Not Track.We do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals at this time.
Notice for Minors.Our Service is interactive and allows you to post content to share with others. At any time you can delete or remove content you have posted using the deletion or removal options within our Service. If you have questions about how to remove content in a specific service or if you would like additional assistance with deletion you can contact email us firstname.lastname@example.org.Although we offer deletion capability for our Service, you should be aware that the removal of content may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information posted through the Service.
P. HOW TO CONTACTUS